WAYS TO TAKE CARE
How to Plant Yerba Buena:
- Cut branches to about 10-15 centimeters long to include 3 or 4 pairs of leaves. Plant them in a pot or in between two tall plants. Yerba Buena also grows in shady areas. The roots will come out after 1 week.
- If Yerba Buena has been planted temporarily in a pot or can, transfer the plant to the prepared pot after 2 weeks.
How to Take Care of the Plant:
- Water the newly planted cuttings every to prevent them from drying. Remove the weeds and grass around them.
- Remove branches or leaves that have been destroyed by pests or by plant diseases to prevent them from spreading to the rest of the plant.
- If using fertilizer, use organic fertilizer only!
Harvesting and Proper Storage:
- Harvest only mature and healthy leaves.
- Make sure that there are enough leaves left on the plant to prevent the plant from dying.
- Dry the leaves to be stored. Place the dried leaves in a sealed plastic bag or tightly covered brown jar or bottle.